The Governing Council is elected in February each year at the Annual General Meeting where parents are asked to nominate for a two year term. Council meets twice each term with meetings usually between 1 & 1/2 to 2 hours. To aid Governing Council in its role we establish Sub-Committees, Portfolios and Facilitators all of who report to the Council.
Current Sub-committees include:
- Out of School Hours Care
If you don’t want to become a Councilor, perhaps one of the above areas would suit you.
As the need arises we form Portfolio Groups who come together to work on a special project/policy. These groups are usually for a short term only.
A facilitator is a person who takes on responsibility for a specific program/project.
For more information regarding Governing Council or it’s Sub-Committees, Portfolios and/Facilitators please contact our Principal on 8264 3944.
Governance in Schools and Pre-Schools is the responsibility of the Governing Council whose role is directed by the constitution and code of practice. In this model of governance;
- The cooperative role of governing council and school staff is emphasized.
- Management and governance are clearly separated.
- The focus is on improving student learning outsomes.
- The broad directions are set and monitored by the governing council.
- The site leader and staff are responsible for reporting.
- Joint areas of accountability are minimized.
- Set Broad Directions (in conjunction with the site leader)
- Develop Broad Directional Policy
- Initiate and Improve Recommendations and Strategies
- Site Improvement Plan Consultation
- The allocation of resources
- Monitor and Report Progress