V.A.P.S. (Values and Peer Support)
This us a group of Year 5, 6 and 7 students who are trained
to support students in the yard. At present we have ninety
six (96) members, who work in pairs in the yard during recess
and lunch. We have VAPS organisers, who set up the roster
for the term and make sure all students involved are informed.
Some of the VAPS members responsibilities are
- Helping new students in the yard, if they need it.
- Being friendly or looking after lonely or upset students in the yard.
- Working towards being a positive role model for students.
- Be willing to gain the respect and trust of students in the yard.
- Organising activities for students at recess or lunch.
- Helping out with student disputes.
In Terms 1, 2 and 3 VAPS students are given a Thankyou morning tea and in Term 4 all participating students have a celebration excursion.
Being a member of VAPS, SRC, SOS (Students Organising Stuff), LIbrary Promotions and or being a Traffic Monitor will count towards the community service component of our Year 7 Graduation Certificates.